Today I'm diving into our first series....
I LOVE!.", but then you try to recreate it yourself and it's not quite how you imagined because you skipped a tonne of the detail? Ya know what I'm sayin? No? It's just me? Hmm ok, just enjoy the eye candy then :)
This week we have gone all girly with white + pale pink.
I've NEVER been a Girly Girl but pink + white has always made my heart beat a little faster when it comes to interiors.
What I learnt from these pictures:
- grey or slightly-off-white walls (but not with a brownish or tan tint!)
- use a whole mixture of tones. Several variations of pale pink, + several neutrals
- metallic accessories, with texture. Whether it be a gilt picture frame or hammered-silver ornament.
- create texture with layers of bedding and touchable pieces
- personal touches like books
- go for a soft, warm-toned pink (as in, a teeny bit yellowish, rather than purplish) to ensure it goes well with neutrals, and won't go all Barbie Dreamhouse on you. ;) (also, y'know, it's a bit more palatable for those manly men in our lives).
Saved by Suzy
1. Pic from Erin Ever After
2. Pic from Dreamy Whites
3. Pic from Glitter Guide